Anger at minister’s decision over Bishop’s Waltham Sainsbury’s

DEVELOPMENT Artist's impression of Sainsbury's store
DEVELOPMENT Artist's impression of Sainsbury's store
Emojis will be taking over Cascades shopping centre

Emojis set to invade Cascades

0
Have your say

A GROUP which spent years fighting plans for a new Sainsbury’s store in Bishop’s Waltham has acted angrily at the way the Secretary of State ruled out a public inquiry.

Bishop’s Waltham Action Group had been working to put together submissions to the Secretary of State.

The group said it was told that Thursday, May 5 was the deadline for electronic submissions. A set of documents and a 3,000-signature petition were then handed in. But when the group called to check they had been received, they were told the decision had already been made.

Chairman Tony Kippenberger said: ‘It is bitterly disappointing that our own arguments – which directly and carefully addressed the key reasons why a Secretary of State might call in an application – have not been listened to.

‘Nor have 3,000 petitioners been heard.

‘BWAG will now be closely reviewing the remaining options that may be open to us, and we will be talking to our many supporters.’