Evacuations at centre

Newlyweds Mark and Victoria are excited to build a future at Berewood

City’s first build-to-rent scheme is officially launched

0
Have your say

A BUSY Portsmouth shopping centre was evacuated twice due to an electrical fault causing the fire alarm to go off.

Shoppers were told to leave Cascades Shopping Centre at 11am and again in the early afternoon on Sunday.

Rhoda Joseph, centre director, said: ‘There were fire alarm evacuations because it turned out there was an electrical wiring fault.

‘Both evacuation procedures went according to plan.’