Gosfest organisers regret having to cancel festival

James Arthur was to have appeared at Gosfest

James Arthur was to have appeared at Gosfest

LISTED: Roadworks planned across the south this week

  • Gosfest organisers say they regret having to cancel festival
  • They announced late Thursday night the music festival would not be happening
  • Priority for Eventures is refunding ticketholders
9
Have your say

ORGANISERS of troubled music festival Gosfest said it is ‘regrettable’ that thousands of people will now miss out on the event after it was axed.

Eventures Int Ltd announced the festival, which was meant to run from July 30 until August 2, had been cancelled.

It comes as the event had no venue secured and saw all three headline acts drop out in 24 hours.

Director Chloe Palmer said: ‘It is regrettable but there is nothing we can do.

‘We have sent e-mails to all ticket-holders and I have asked the team to stay on over the weekend so we can sort out the refunds.

‘Our priorities are the ticket holders, traders, acts and sponsors.’

Our entire team are devastated that GosFest will not be taking place

Chloe Palmer

Ms Palmer added that the team was devastated the event was cancelled after working nine months on it.

‘Our entire team are devastated that GosFest will not be taking place,’ she said.

‘As we are an award-winning events company we have certainly not ruled anything out for the future.’

In the statement which announced the event had been cancelled, the company said all refunds would be given automatically.

Customers who had bought tickets were told in an email that the company would be following their Terms and Conditions.

It states that any refund will be given as early as possible after the event with tickets refunded in full within five working days of the cancelled event date.

It comes after headline acts Union J, Scouting For Girls and James Arthur all dropped out of the festival.

As well as the bands dropping out, Civi Event Support, which had written the event management plan and was due to supply security, announced on Thursday it would no longer be providing its services.

A statement said: ‘The planned event Gosfest 2015 and its initial outlined proposal has dramatically changed since our initial consultations and meetings earlier this year.

‘Our company has concluded that this event is no longer practical or achievable.

‘It is therefore with regret that due to this current position, our company (acting as event management and security supplier) would like to inform all parties and with no exceptions, a complete withdrawal of all services and staff provision to this event.

‘All documents and wording of the event management plan initially produced for the Gosfest 2015 event is formally withdrawn as of this date and remains the property of Civi Event Support CIC.’

Back to the top of the page