Hampshire charities to benefit from supermarket card scheme

The Wicor Mill pub in Portchester

Portchester pub to temporarily close after owner falls behind on bills

0
Have your say

LOCAL charities are set to get a boost after they were picked as part of a new fundraising scheme run by a chain of shops.

The Southern Co-operative community support card scheme has been relaunched at the Co-operative stores in Bishop’s Waltham.

As a result, the Bishop’s Waltham minibus group and Home-Start Meon Valley have been chosen for fundraising by a panel of people from the local community.

The community support card scheme works by the Southern Co-operative donating money to the fund every time customers have their community cards swiped as they shop.

In the past it has proven successful in boosting fundraising targets for local groups.

The total target for fundraising over the next year is £15,000 .

A total of 70 per cent of the funds raised will be assigned to the minibus group with the remaining 30 per cent allocated to Home-Start.

The previous scheme recently ended with cheques totalling £12,000 being presented to Bishop’s Waltham Community Swimming, the Dynamos sports club and the Gateway club.

Back to the top of the page