THE organisers of The News’ Business Excellence Awards 2013 have extended the deadline to get nominations in.
They have been coming in thick and fast for all 13 categories, with firms hoping to be lucky in at least one.
And now the judging has been set for the new year, The News is able to extend the time available for businesses to get involved.
Helen Watt, divisional senior events co-ordinator at JP South Events, which organises events across the Johnstton Press newspaper group, has been co-ordinating the awards this year.
She said: ‘The Business Excellence Awards have always been very well supported by the business community, and this year is no exception.
‘We are really pleased to this year be able to extend the deadline until 5pm on Friday, December 6, and we hope to be able to say our awards this time around are the biggest ever.’
The awards themselves will be held at the Guildhall in Portsmouth, run by Portsmouth Cultural Trust.
They take place on Friday, January 31, hosted by TV favourite Fred Dinenage, and have traditionally been an occasion where companies reward staff for their hard work, mark triumphs from the past year, celebrate new product launches, or just let their hair down after a year of sweat and toil.
To enter the awards is easy.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a nomination form.
Businesses can enter as many categories as they like and there is no word limit for any supporting information sent in with the forms.
They must be returned to the same email address by 5pm on Friday, December 6, or they will not be counted.
· Large Business of the Year (Sponsored by Coffin Mew)
· Small/Medium Business of the Year
· Start-Up of the Year
· Business Personality & Achievement of the Year
· Community Contribution of the Year
· Exporter of the Year (Sponsored by Portsmouth Cultural Trust)
· Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure
· Innovation of the Year (Sponsored by BAE Systems)
· Team of the Year
· Retailer of the Year (Sponsored by Cascades Shopping Centre)
· Apprentice of the Year (Sponsored by Hampshire County Council)
· Customer Service Lifetime achievement (Sponsored by Douglas Stafford)
· Overall Business of the Year