All eyes to the camera in this view of Castle Street, Portchester, in 1910.
The baby in the bassinet is a particularly colourful touch.
The photographer has the castle behind him and is looking up towards the present-day shopping precinct.
The New Inn, run by Ernest JU Ball, on the left, started life as a pub but later became a village tea shop called The Ivy Rooms.
The name came from the luxuriant growth of the climber which almost completely covered the building.
The plant eventually penetrated the walls, which were three feet thick, and it became such an attraction that visitors and artists would travel from mainland Europe to see it.