Here we see two scenes along Albert Road, Southsea, from its junction with Francis Avenue. About 80 years divide the two.
In the older picture a tram makes its way past what is now Craneswater School with the Trinity Methodist Church opposite.
In the distance behind the tram can be seen the railway bridge that brought the Southsea branch line that ran from Fratton station to Granada Road.
The line was not a success, running for just 29 years before it was abandoned in 1914.
It was then used for storing wagons for some years until it was finally torn up in 1923.
Bridge Buildings, at the junction of Albert Road and Festing Road, are a reminder of what once was.