Here we have to unusual shots from the bridges linking Langstone to Hayling Island.
One shows a cyclist crossing the old toll bridge with Langstone village behind him.
Judging by what he’s wearing, it looks as though the picture was taken in the 1930s or 40s.
The second picture shows the Hayling Billy puffing its way across Langstone Harbour towards Havant.
The line was opened by the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway for goods on January 19, 1865, and for passengers on July 16, 1867.
It ran from Havant to Hayling Island station with two intermediate stations at Langstone and North Hayling.
The line was mainly used during the summer with trippers heading to the beaches at Hayling.
The coaches would often be overflowing during these months, however would be virtually empty during the winter, which would become such a problem that the line closed in November 1963.
The timber bridge, which you can see here, needed to be replaced and British Rail decided the investment was too much for a line which only turned a small profit in summer.
nBoth pictures come from the collection of Paul Costen, the Waterlooville photographer and collector.