Here we see a postcard shot loaned by David Aldous from his marvellous collection.
It is of course looking down King’s Road, Southsea, from its junction with Landport Terrace (left).
There is not much to say about it as all of what we see was either bombed or has been demolished.
The later Midland Bank building on the corner of Flint Street, on the right, has not yet been built. After Flint Street came Stone Street junction. Today Stone Street does not emerge at this point.
In today’s shot we see the former Midland Bank on the corner of Flint Street – one of the few buildings in King’s Road that survived the blitz of January 10, 1941.
It later became No 8, a fancy restaurant.
Although this has now closed another restaurant has taken its place.
On the left hand corner was the much-loved Horseshoe pub. This has now been demolished and the site redeveloped.