Love Southsea co-owner Fergie Cox lives in Southsea and has arranged a children’s Halloween party at Southsea Castle this weekend and a Christmas Charity Ball at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard on December 3. Here she describes her favourite things to do at the weekend.
· What would be your ideal weekend destination?
New York, shopping. Need I say more?
· Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
Louise Whitmore, my Love Southsea comrade, mainly because as I write this she has me in a headlock, but also because she makes me laugh.
· What music would you take with you?
It would have to be the GaGa.
· What about something to read?
The News, of course, or anything light by Dostoyevsky.
· What would be your ultimate way to relax?
A long walk along Southsea seafront, stopping-off at Yellow Kite Cafe at Southsea Castle for breakfast.
Then back along to Palmerston Road for a bit of shopping, followed by lunch at Sellers Cafe, Castle Road.
Then, I’d read the papers or watch a movie before dinner somewhere in Gunwharf with friends (I quite like eating!)
· If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
· What’s your all-time favourite film?
It’s too hard to choose but probably The Godfather.
· We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
Vodka and tonic please or prosecco. They do a great V&T at Drift Bar.
· What are you doing this weekend?
Saturday we are hosting the Love Southsea Kids Halloween Party at Southsea Castle from 5pm to 7pm.
· What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
It’s a shameless plug but Love Southsea’s Square Tower Markets.
The next one is on Sunday, November 6, from 11am to 3pm.
The Love Southsea Kids Halloween Party at Southsea Castle tomorrow begins at 5pm with a ghost walk.
After this scary stroll around the battlements, there will be a disco with DJ Lee and party games until 7pm.
Come in fancy dress and bring your carved pumpkins for the chance to win prizes.
Tickets cost £10 per child and include a Yellow Kite Cafe spooky food box. Accompanying adults go free and can relax in the bar while kids enjoy the party in the marquee.
Book in advance on (023) 9282 7261.
See lovesouthsea.co.uk for further details about this and other Love Southsea events.