Jenna Edwards, 30, is the general manager of Tiger Tiger Portsmouth in Gunwharf Quays, which has a restaurant, five bars and a nightclub all under one roof and is screening all the Euro 2012 games. Here she describes her perfect weekend.
· What would be your ideal weekend destination?
At this time of year, it has to be Ibiza. I love the sun during the day, the music of the clubs at night and – because I am in another country – I can completely let go and not make professional comparisons or judgments of any of the venues. It’s a short plane ride, so perfect for a weekend.
· Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
Pop star Rihanna. The girl knows how to let her hair down and would have amazing stories to tell.
· What music would you take with you?
In contrast to the clubs, I would take slow, chilled out music from the likes of Coldplay, Slow Moving Millie and Beach House to relax during the day.
· What about something to read?
I’m reading two books at the moment. The first is Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson because I love a crime thriller.
The other is the autobiography of Karen Brady: Strong Woman: Ambition, Grit and a Great Pair of Heels. As a woman in business myself, I find her story inspirational.
· What would be your ultimate way to relax?
A beach with my phone switched off. No emails, no calls and no texts – just me, a towel to lie on in the sun, a book to read and a bottle of suntan lotion.
· If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
One word – ‘accessories’ – Louis Vuitton and Mulberry, for handbags and Christian Louboutin for shoes.
· What’s your all-time favourite film?
The Goonies, brings back loads of good memories and still makes me laugh. More recently, I’d chose the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I love Jack Sparrow.
· We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
Vodka and cranberry with ice and a slice of lime.
· What are you doing this weekend?
I’m working at Tiger Tiger today. We’ll be showing a Euro 2012 quarter-final and hosting our Jongleurs comedy night, so we’ll be very busy. Tomorrow I’m going to a wedding.
· What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
Bournemouth. It has the beach, shops, great places to eat and since I haven’t worked there for years, I don’t get recognised by people who run the venues.