Kevin Fraster is 54 and lives in Swanwick. He has been an actor and director for Titchfield Festival Theatre amateur dramatics company since its inception 10 years ago. He is pictured here as Malvolio in Twelfth Night. Here he tells us about his perfect weekend.
· What would be your ideal weekend destination?
I’d like to get a plane away to anywhere really. Anywhere away from the theatre because I’ve been working so hard there recently that I’d just love to get away for a bit. Madrid maybe? Somewhere nice and hot where I can forget about all the finances and the running of the theatre for a while.
· Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
Gosh. Well, I suppose, Shakespeare. He’d certainly be a good one to talk to and share my opinions with.
· What music would you take with you?
On my dream weekend? Some nice relaxing classical music, or a good English composer like Thomas Arne. He wrote Rule, Britannia!.
· What about something to read?
I’m currently reading a history of Edward I which is very interesting. I like historical novels. C.J. Samson is an author I particularly like who wrote lawyer and detective-type novels. Also, anything about Napoleon makes a good read.
· What would be your ultimate way to relax?
At the moment... again just to get away from it all and lie on the beach somewhere, I think. I’ve just done three or four plays on the trot, so it would be nice to go somewhere where I don’t have to learn lines.
· If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
I expect somewhere like Garrard or Aspreys in London, the expensive jewellery places that I would never usually go to.
· What’s your all-time favourite film?
Well, I’m a Scot, so I do like Braveheart. I also really like Shakespeare In Love. I’m looking forward to Anonymous. That’s coming out soon. It’s the one about Edward De Vere.
· We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
I’d have a glass of Champagne, but nothing too special, not one of these, you know, extra-fizz ones.
· What are you doing this weekend?
I’m off to Ludlow actually for a friend’s 50th birthday, so that should be quite boozy! Going to stay in Ludlow Castle.
· What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
I like Fort Nelson, Gunwharf Quays. Beaulieu is very nice. Titchfield Abbey as well.