Robin Lander Brinkley, 33, lives in Portsmouth and has run his own PR and marketing agency, Maxwell Communications, for seven-and-a-half years. Here he describes his perfect weekend.
· What would be your ideal weekend destination?
New York. I went for the first time two years ago and crammed so much in. Highlights included seeing the musical Wicked on Broadway, riding the Staten Island Ferry, shopping on Fifth Avenue, a buggy ride in Central Park and brunch at the Plaza. I fell in love with the atmosphere, architecture, people, shopping and, of course, the food.
· Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
Someone who makes me laugh and if I am in New York I would like comedian Jerry Seinfeld to show me round his home city.
· What music would you take with you?
I am loving the new album Fall to Grace by Paloma Faith at the moment. I would also take her first album to play the song New York over and over again in my hotel room.
· What about something to read?
No-one writes courtroom dramas and legal thrillers like John Grisham. I am a huge fan of his.
I also enjoy Hello! magazine, so would definitely need that for the plane.
· What would be your ultimate way to relax?
Getting lost in a play at the theatre, seeing a film at the cinema, or enjoying a nice meal in a restaurant with family and a few close friends.
· If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
I only enjoy shopping when I am buying presents for other people. If I was treating myself it would be by booking the biggest suite in a plush hotel with a spa and a top class restaurant.
· What’s your all-time favourite film?
Erin Brokovich because I find it an inspiring, real-life tale. I also love Julia Roberts.
· We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
I have enjoyed the occasional night in a good cocktail bar, but that would be expensive, so a Diet Coke is fine.
· What are you doing this weekend?
It’s my birthday today so I’m going to Chichester Festival Theatre tonight with friends to see Kim Cattrall in Antony and Cleopatra.
· What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
I am a member of the National Trust and love visiting old houses. My last visit was to Uppark House near Petersfield and I loved it.