Alarm raised after smoke comes out of flats

There was a crash on the M27 this morning

Crash causes delays on M27 at Fareham

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after someone thought a fire had broken out at a Portsmouth tower block.

Seven fire engines from Southsea, Cosham and Havant were sent to Omega House, in Somers Town, at 1.30pm yesterday. The alarm was raised by a resident who spotted smoke coming from a flat on the seventh floor.

When crews arrived they realised the problem was caused by mushrooms left on a grill pan which had overheated.

No-one was in the property at the time.

It was ventilated before crews left the scene.