Alarm raised at Fareham home after chimney catches fire

Flood warnings in place around Portsmouth at Saturday lunchtime 

Picture from the governement's flood information service

WATCH: Residents support Great South Run cancellations as strong winds batter the coastline

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a chimney caught fire.

Residents who were having a party at a house in Gordon Road, Fareham, called 999 after they saw smoke coming down into the fireplace.

Fareham crews turned up shortly after 2.15am on Saturday and used a hose attached to rods to clean out the chimney and cool it down.

Fareham fire station are urging people to get their chimneys cleaned out if they haven’t done so already as a build up of residue increases the likelihood of a fire.