FIRE engines were called to a motorway after a vehicle transporting a horse caught fire.
A crew from Havant fire station was called to the A3(M) at Waterlooville at about 1pm yesterday.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue’s animal rescue specialist Buster Brown was also called to the incident over concerns for the welfare of the horse, which was in a horse box.
Firefighters were not needed as the fire was out by the time they arrived.
Firefighters said the engine of the vehicle had overheated.
The horse was not believed to be hurt and traffic was not affected.