Back garden shed fire kills family’s guinea pigs

The Cosham Christmas lights switch-on Picture: Habibur Rahman (171607-4489)

Crowds turn out for switch-on of Cosham’s Christmas lights

0
Have your say

A FAMILY’S pets were killed in a fire.

Firefighters were called to the end-of-terrace home in Mayhall Road, Copnor in Portsmouth, at about 5am yesterday morning.

A pair of guinea pigs were killed in the fire, which destroyed a shed in the back garden.

Two trucks from Southsea fire station were sent to the scene where two firefighters in breathing apparatus tackled the blaze.

Because of the location of the fire and difficulty in getting to it, a hose reel had to be run through the house, and another was lifted over a back garden wall.

It is not known how the fire started.