Blaze destroys bedroom

Passchendaele. Picture: Imperial War Museum

Pompey Pals will lay wreath at Guildhall Square for Passchendaele dead

0
Have your say

NEIGHBOURS called the fire service after spotting a blaze in an empty property.

Firefighters from Cosham and Southsea were called to a property in Furze Lane, in Milton, at around 3am on Sunday morning.

They found a fire had started in a second storey bedroom, which had been completely destroyed by fire, and the rest of the house was badly damaged by smoke.

A total of 14 firefighters from Cosham and Southsea attended the property and the fire had been dealt with by 4am.

Safety manager from Fareham fire station Al Heinrich said: ‘This is a timely reminder to make sure doors and windows are closed when you leave your house, as it can stop fire from spreading throughout the building.’