Blaze in basement leads to fire service call out

CCTV of the Ford Mondeo hitting a parked car and pushing it into the George and Dragon pub in Buckland Picture: pub landlord Vladimir Nasadovic

WATCH: Driver takes dad’s car and crashes it

0
Have your say

A FIRE lit in a fireplace that did not have a chimney led to a call out from the emergency services.

Two fire trucks from Southsea were called at 10.40pm last night to reports of smoke coming from a basement of a house on Fawcett Road, near the Fawcett Inn, in Southsea.

On arrival, the crew found that a group of homeless people had got inside the house and lit a fire for warmth. As there was no chimney, the room quickly filled up with smoke.

The fire service put out the fire and evacuated the property by 11pm. Nobody was hurt.