Broken porch light causes fire at Gosport home

Kate Tame and Cllr Roger Price next to the current First World War  plaque inside St Mary's Church in Portchester Castle. 

Picture: Sarah Standing (170259-7003)

‘They must be remembered’: Campaign launched to install new war memorial plaque in Portchester

0
Have your say

A BROKEN porch light caused firefighters to be sent out to a residential area.

Crews from Gosport fire station were called to Franklin Road, in Gosport, after a resident sprayed water on their broken porch light.

It was unknown to the resident their light was broken and a couple of small flames erupted when they sprayed the water.

The incident happened on Friday, at around 6.15pm.

No one was injured and the fire was put out.

Back to the top of the page