Burnt meal sparks fire alert

A strike by firefighters has been called off

A strike by firefighters has been called off

Picture: @joshdcaplan/PA Wire

NATIONAL: Man arrested after incident in Whitehall

1
Have your say

THE smell of burning prompted a resident to call the fire brigade to a block of flats in Portsmouth.

But the smell at Ladywood House, in Plymouth Street, Southsea, turned out just to be that of a neighbour’s cooking.

It happened at 7.40pm last night and firefighters left the building at around 8pm.

Southsea fire station sent two appliances to the incident as it was in a high-rise building.

Back to the top of the page