Bus depot evacuated as light catches fire

A man has died following a fall from a block of flats in All Saints Road, Buckland.

BREAKING: Man dies after fall from Buckland flats

0
Have your say

TWO fire engines went to Hilsea bus depot after reports of a blaze.

A crew from Cosham fire station were called out at about 12.20pm to the building in London Road.

Crew manager Lawrence Mackrell said: ‘They had an overheated light fitting that had caught fire.

‘The light fitting was in a workshop.

‘The alarms went off and they were able to get everyone out quickly and take the appropriate action.

‘They isolated the electricity supply and it was enough to knock it down and stop the fire.

‘It was good they spotted it so quickly.’

The crew issued safety advice and were at the scene for about 15 minutes. Earlier in the day, they went to the M27 to reports of a car on fire. However, it turned out to be a blown head gasket.

Back to the top of the page