Bus passengers evacuated

Copperfields Hair Studio, on Hayling Avenue in Baffins. Picture: Google Street View PPP-171118-153719001

Hair salon in Baffins damaged by thieves

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out early this morning after a bus battery overheated.

The vehicle was travelling along Havant Road, in Drayton, when smoke started coming from the engine compartment at 6.30am.

The driver pulled over outside the Sunshine Inn and asked all passengers to get off.

A crew of firefighters from Cosham station doused the battery in water to put out the smoke. The rest of the bus was undamaged.

Passengers had to wait while another vehicle was found to take them on to their destination and the bus was towed away.