PORTSMOUTH coach firm Vision Travel International has been allowed to continue trading after lodging an appeal over a decision to suspend its operators licence.
As previously reported in The News, the firm was told by the Traffic Commissioner to surrender its licence by one minute to midnight on February 22, over concerns with the fleet’s maintenance and drivers not using their tachographs properly – misuse which led to fines and court costs of £37,900.
Since the convictions the firm has appointed a new transport manager, who says Vision Travel International has learned from its mistakes.
Paul Donald said changes include driver re-training on correct tachograph procedures, as well as a rigorous maintenance programme and changes to how the vehicles are checked before they leave the depot.
Mr Donald added: ‘Our company structure has benefited from the experience and we aim to continue to develop.
‘We would welcome the opportunity to demonstrate to any existing or potential customer how we have achieved these results.’
The date for the appeal has not yet been set.