DCSIMG

Historic shop is on course to gain more investment

ONE of the oldest shops in Havant is in line for a further revamp.

Plans have been submitted to Havant Borough Council for two additional first-floor flats at Davies Pharmacy, in West Street.

Earlier this year the refurbished pharmacy was unveiled following a £200,000 investment.

Davies Pharmacy is the oldest independent pharmacy in Hampshire, having opened in 1879.

A planning report drawn up by Havant-based architect Martin Critchley states: ‘The subject proposals are an opportunity to extend the residential use on the site, and to provide new uses for the redundant and under-used accommodation.

‘Residential use in the town centre is desirable to stimulate a balanced community and to prevent a “ghost town” after hours.

‘The change of use to residential is consistent with current government policies to make best use of brownfield sites.’

The plans include an extended consulting room and on-site parking for six vehicles.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page