Caravan fire on forecourt of Portsmouth petrol station

Fire at petrol station
Fire at petrol station
Haverhill's Family Christmas Night (as pictured from last year) takes place on Friday, December 1. Picture by Andy Mayes.

Haverhill festive weekend has plenty for all of the family

0
Have your say

A CARAVAN caught fire on a petrol station forecourt in Portsmouth this morning.

Firefighters from Southsea attended the scene at the garage next to the M275 in the city centre after the blaze started in the engine compartment of the caravan.

The Shell station, on Kettering Terrace, was cordoned off shortly after 8am this morning.

The crews swiftly put out the fire and removed two butane gas cylinders from the caravan for safety.

A 55-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.