Chimney fire sparks advice

Haverhill's Family Christmas Night (as pictured from last year) takes place on Friday, December 1. Picture by Andy Mayes.

Haverhill festive weekend has plenty for all of the family

0
Have your say

A FIRE in a chimney sparked a response from firefighters.

A crew from Havant fire station went to the home in Third Avenue, in Denvilles, Havant, at 7.30pm on Saturday.

The fire had put itself out when the crew arrived.

Crew manager Jim Tickner said advice was given to the homeowner.

He said: ‘We gave advice about the importance of making sure your chimneys are swept leading up to the winter period prior to using them.’