Chip pan causes blaze

An image from the CCTV given to police

WATCH: Police handed CCTV footage after health supplements disappear from Portsmouth store

0
Have your say

A MOTHER and son were taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth for smoke inhalation following a chip pan fire in their kitchen.

The pair, from Rochford Road, Paulsgrove, were taken to the Cosham hospital at around 7pm last night.

Two fire crews from Cosham Fire Station attended the incident.

Firefighter Garth Waterman said: ‘The fire was out on arrival, we then cleared the smoke out. We remind people not to use chip pans, but deep fat fryers.’