Cigarette causes fire

Pupils from Queen's Inclosure Primary School in Waterlooville who have donated their shoes to children in Africa.  Pictured, from left:  Lily I'Bell (8), Scarlett Bugler (10), Lucia Aldred (9) and (front) Lily Bugler (5).  Picture: Sarah Standing (170967-5871)

Pupils go barefoot to help children who don’t have shoes

0
Have your say

A PLASTIC bin was destroyed in a small fire.

Firefighters said a cigarette was likely to be the cause.

The bin is in the car park next to Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service’s boathouse in Lifeboat Lane, Gosport.

It happened on Friday at 7.17pm and the crew from Gosport fire station that tackled the blaze returned to the station at about 7.35pm.