Cigarette causes fire at Leigh Park house

Lee Hider with his work at the exhibition

Students snap their take on city life for exhibition

0
Have your say

A CIGARETTE thrown into a bin while it was still partially alight started a fire in Leigh Park.

Three fire crews - two from Havant and one from Emsworth - were called to deal with the blaze in Wakefords Way at 12.15pm on Sunday.

The fire had taken hold in a bin in the ground floor bedroom when the occupier had gone out. It was put out by 1.15pm.

Crew manager Paul Steppin reminded people to make sure cigarettes are properly put out before leaving them.