Cigarette sparks alarm

James Taylor at his desk in his office at 116 High Street, Old Portsmouth.

Those halcyon days when pen and paper just worked!

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a smoke alarm was set off by someone having a cigarette underneath it.

Southsea crews went to the incident in Portsmouth Town Court, in High Street, Old Portsmouth, at 6.30pm.

After finding out there wasn’t a fire at the sheltered accommodation block they then dealt with an automatic fire alarm at Alex Wintle Court, in Basin Street, Buckland, Portsmouth, half an hour later.

Crew Manager Rikki Noble said cooking fumes caused the alarm to go off.