Cooker fire sparks alert

Melody Chinese restaurant in Commercial Road, Portsmouth

REVEALED: Portsmouth restaurant let customers drink and smoke in karaoke rooms until 6am

1
Have your say

CREWS had a surprise after knocking down a door to tackle a flat fire.

Firefighters broke down a door in St James’s Road, Southsea, looking through the letter box they saw smoke and a man asleep on his sofa.

But they didn’t spot the Staffordshire Bull Terrier that came bounding to greet them.

Luckily it left them alone as they put out the fire on the cooker and hob, both of which had been left on. Three pumps attended from 6.28pm to around 7.20pm.