Cooking blamed for blaze

Police at the scene of Nickleby House, Buckland, where a man has fallen to his death

BREAKING: Man dies after fall from Buckland flats

0
Have your say

A KITCHEN fire started when a man fell asleep leaving his cooking on the hob.

Neighbours called the fire brigade after they heard a smoke alarm going off at around 3.30am yesterday.

Two crews from Southsea fire station were called to Shaftsbury Road, Southsea.

Firefighters were at the scene until 4am.

Paramedics assessed the man at his home.

Back to the top of the page