Cooking fumes sets off alarm and alerts firefighters

An aerial view of the Solent airfield. Picture by Shaun Roster

IFA2 project takes another step as planning approved

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were sent out to deal with problems caused by cooking fumes.

Southsea crews went to a care home in Victoria Road North, Southsea, at 12.25pm yesterday because smoke created while someone was making breakfast set the alarm off.

About 10 minutes later they were sent to a care home in Richmond Road, Southsea, but realised the same thing had happened there.

A man living inside was advised to keep his extractor fan above the hob on a high level while cooking.