Cooking the cause of high-rise fire call out

Local government secretary Sajid David on his visit to Portsmouth last week 
Picture: Sarah Standing (170658-8259)

Solent Combined Authority deal ‘not dead’ says minister

0
Have your say

UNATTENDED cooking started a fire in a kitchen of a sixth-floor flat.

Fire crews from Soutshea, Portchester and Cosham, including the aerial platform, were called to Nickleby House, in Buckland, just after 11am yesterday.

The occupier was out at the time of the incident, which was over by 12.30pm.

A neighbour had spotted smoke coming from the flat, and heard the smoke alarm sounding, when they called for help.

A spokesman from the fire service said that unattended cooking was the cause.

Fire crews used a fan to clear smoke from the property.

Back to the top of the page