Couple inhale smoke after kitchen fire

Nearly 2,700 cases of non-recent child abuse have been recorded by police in Hampshire. The NSPCC's chief executive said it is a sign that more people are confident in reporting the crimes perpetrated against them.

‘Widespread abuse’ as police record 2,700 cases of historic sex crimes against children

Have your say

AN ELDERLY couple were treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire.

The fire occurred at their home in Northwood Square, Fareham at 8.31pm tonight. They were taken to hospital.

Also, firefighters in Southsea were called to The Night Owl bookstore in Albert Road at 6.10pm to make an illumination sign safe after it became loose.