Crews called to leak alarm

The Highfield Campus at the University of Southampton, which is home to the George Thomas Building. Picture: Geograph

REGIONAL: University advertises chauffeur job days after announcing 75 redundancies

0
Have your say

FIRE crews were called to a woman’s home after carbon monoxide leaked into a room.

Firefighters from Cosham fire station were called at 12.15pm yesterday to the house in First Avenue, Farlington, after she heard her smoke alarm.

But crews realised it was her carbon monoxide detector that had been set off by a faulty boiler leaking the poisonous fumes.

Firefighters released the fumes by opening a window and arranged for an engineer to fix the boiler. The woman was unharmed.