AN ANONYMOUS businessman has put up a £10,000 reward for information about the disappearance of teenager Damien Nettles.
Damien has not been seen since November 2, 1996, when the 16-year-old did not return home from a night out in Cowes on the Isle of Wight.
The new appeal comes after a police offer of a reward earlier this year was not extended after officers said no credible information was offered.
In a statement, Damien’s mum Valerie said: ‘The purpose of this reward is to bring Damien back to his family without exhausting, lengthy and legally binding police enquiries.
‘This reward differs from the recent police reward in that it will be paid out only should Damien’s remains be recovered, the payment of this reward has no stipulations other than the person getting the reward gives us the accurate location of Damien, and upon recovery and identification of his remains, the reward will be paid.’
Valerie added details of how the award can be obtained will be released in September.