POLICE are investigating a fire which wrecked a caravan in Waterlooville this morning.
The vehicle – which was parked in Sage Close – was razed by the intense fire, which sparked just before 9.40am.
Two fire crews from Cosham and a further team from Waterlooville were dispatched to tackle the blaze.
When officers arrived at the scene the caravan was already engulfed in flames.
Cosham watch manager Wayne Doble said the incident had been a potentially dangerous one.
‘Caravans tend to have gas cylinders and propane bottles in them which is always a concern,’ he said.
Officers armed with breathing apparatuses and high-pressure hose reels tackled the fire, bringing it under control in about an hour.
Nobody was injured in the incident, which is now being dealt with by police.
Those with information on the fire can call police on 101.