Cigarette causes Gosport flat fire

A 43-year-old man was seriously injured in an attack in Landport yesterday morning (picture courtesy of Google)

Arrests after man seriously injured in Landport attack

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a flat fire that started after a woman fell asleep while smoking a cigarette.

Two fire engines and 10 firefighters were called to Coulmere Road, Gosport, at 9.30pm on Thursday.

The fire in the living room of a first-floor flat caused partial burns to the settee and the carpet.

The women was woken up by her smoke alarm.

Crews tackled the fire and the occupant was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham, via ambulance.

A fire investigation is currently taking place.

Back to the top of the page