A MAN who was rescued after a fire broke out in his home has been charged with arson.
As previously reported, a resident of Meadow Place, Leigh Park, had to be saved by firefighters after flames started in the lounge of his home in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The man, who was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation, has been identified by police as Lee Payne, 44.
He has been charged with arson in relation to the incident.
Mr Payne has been bailed to appear before Portsmouth Magistrates’ Court on March 8.
A spokesman for Hampshire Constabulary, said: ‘Mr Payne was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation and later arrested.’