Rapper denies rape charges

The Selecter play at The Pyramids in Southsea tomorrow night

Performers and audiences to fall silent as part of #oneminuteformanchester

0
Have your say

FORMER I’m A Celebrity contestant Aggro Santos has denied raping two young women he took back to hotel rooms after performing at gigs.

Rapper Santos, 23, is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl in May last year after the University of Chichester summer ball.

Santos is also accused of forcing one of the victims to have sex with him after he appeared at the opening of Club Soho in Yeovil, Somerset, in 2010.

Santos told Chichester Crown Court that in the incident which happened in Chichester, on May 7 last year, he invited the alleged victim, her sister, who was a student at the university, and two friends back to his hotel.

He told the court how he went to his room with the girl, who had told him she was 19, and had consensual sex with her.

Santos said that after the sex had finished, the alleged victim asked him to be her friend on Facebook and they used his laptop for him to send a friend request to her.

Santos, who is charged under his real name Yuri Santos, of Bickersteth Road, Tooting, south-west London, denies two counts of rape.

Co-defendant Tyrelle Ritchie, 22, of Vauxhall Street, Lambeth, south-east London, denies one count of oral rape.

Back to the top of the page