Three held after attempted raid on Bognor wine shop

PCSOs and police officers around Priory School this afternoon

Police speak to school after fight in Southsea play park

0
Have your say

Three men are under arrest after armed police were called to Bognor Regis following an attempted robbery.

The incident happened in Nyewood Lane on Tuesday evening.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: “A man armed with a gun went into Grande Wines at 9.55pm and started struggling with a customer in the shop.

“The man was restrained but eventually got up and ran off. Nothing was taken. The area was searched but the suspect was not found.

“Police were then called at 3.35am on Wednesday (January 14) by a man who said he was being followed by a man with a handgun and he had his mobile phone stolen earlier in the evening.

“Firearms officers were sent to an address where the suspect was believed to be in Bognor.

“Two men aged 46 and 28 were arrested on suspicion of theft of a mobile phone and the 28-year-old from Middlesex was also arrested for being in possession of a offensive weapon – a lock knife.

“A short while later a 30-year-old Bognor man was arrested on suspicion of robbery at the off-licence when he arrived at the address.

“All three are in currently in custody.”

Detective Sergeant Jason Vickers said: “We are appealing for witnesses on these two incidents. Anyone who saw these men acting suspiciously are asked to contact police.”

To get in touch, call 101 or email 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk quoting serial 1495 of January 13.