FIREFIGHTERS from across the area were called after a fire started in a pub kitchen.
The Horse and Jockey, in Hipley Cottages, Denmead, was badly damaged after the blaze was caused yesterday evening by its extractor fan.
More than 25 firefighters battled the fire which started at around 8.15pm and was put out by 11.45pm.
It began in a ground floor kitchen but spread to a nearby flat roof, causing smoke damage to the rest of the building.
No one is believed to have been hurt in the fire.
The venue were winners of The News Guide Award for Best Pub and Wine Bar in 2011.