Discarded cigarette causes fire in pub’s pot plant

LETTER OF THE DAY: Cyber fraud - your views are wanted

0
Have your say

A DISCARDED cigarette caused a plant pot to smoulder and a fire alarm to go off at a Fareham pub.

The alarm was raised at 2am yesterday. Two fire crews, one from Fareham and one from Wickham, went to the Roebuck Inn in Droxford Road, Wickham.

The owners were evacuated and the fire was put out quickly. No damage was caused. Fire crew watch manager Jim Stone reminded people to check cigarettes are properly extinguished.