Discarded cigarette leads to fire alert in Buckland

Pryzm

POLL: Police object to Pryzm selling alcohol until 3am during week – what do you think?

4
Have your say

SIX fire engines were called to a high-rise block of flats after a small fire in a kitchen.

Firefighters, police and paramedics went to Nickleby House, in All Saint’s Road, Buckland, at about 1.30am yesterday.a

The fire was caused by a discarded cigarette igniting a tea towel, but was contained to a small area.

The fire was out by the time emergency services arrived.

No-one needed to be evacuated.

The large number of fire engines is standard procedure for a call to high-rise flats.

Back to the top of the page