Dogs die in house blaze

Copperfields Hair Studio, on Hayling Avenue in Baffins. Picture: Google Street View PPP-171118-153719001

Hair salon in Baffins damaged by thieves

0
Have your say

THREE dogs were killed in a house fire today.

The blaze happened in a house in Abbeydore Road, Paulsgrove at about 1.50pm on Thursday.

Smoke was billowing out of the end-of-terrace home when the owner got home, after a fire - believed to have been caused by an electrical fault - started in the kitchen.

Sadly three of the owner’s four dogs died because they had breathed in too much smoke.

Watch manager Stu Vince from Cosham Fire Station said: ‘The occupier had returned home to the sound of the smoke detectors activating and upon opening the door to the kitchen was faced with a smoke-logged room. They did exactly the right thing by immediately vacating the property and calling the emergency services.’

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service Animal Rescue Specialist Buster Brown was sent to assist as there were dogs within the property.

He advised: ‘I am very sorry to say that three of the family’s dogs had been kept in the kitchen and sadly did not survive the incident as they had been overcome by smoke.

‘Firefighters rescued the fourth pet from the lounge. The Alsatian was taken to a safe area outside to recover from minor smoke inhalation the fresh air.’