IT’S not just supermarkets supporting this year’s Christmas Food Appeal.
Fareham firm Taylor Made Computer Solutions has backed The News’ campaign by putting out a box to encourage employees at its offices to make a donation.
The appeal, which was launched by The News last week, encourages people to buy an extra item of food when they shop, which will then be passed on to local food banks.
Tim Walker, Taylor Made director, said the firm is proud to support the campaign.
‘At Taylor Made we’re all very much looking forward to Christmas but we know that there are many families who find it a struggle,’ he said. ‘We think The News Christmas Food Appeal is an excellent idea and that’s why we’ve decided to support it.’
Across the area, supermarket trollies are starting to fill up as customers have made generous donations to the appeal.
Volunteers from food banks have already been collecting stacks of food from supermarkets in Gosport and Portsmouth and storing it away ready for Christmas deliveries.
Mr Walker said he hopes staff will do their best to support the campaign.
‘We’ve got a box in reception and we’re encouraging all Taylor Made staff to buy an extra item or two when they go to the supermarket and donate it to the appeal,’ he said.
‘It’s become a bit of a talking point so we’re spreading the news to customers who come in.
‘We hope it helps make a difference to families who need it most.’
Supermarkets across the area have agreed to support our appeal.
All we ask is that you buy an extra item when you go shopping and place it in our trolley on your way out.
The food will then be distributed to local food banks and churches across the area using Christmas hampers, in time for the big day.
WHERE TO DONATE
· Tesco, Crasswell Street
· Morrisons, Victory Retail Park
· Morrisons, Anchorage Park
· Sainsbury’s, Farlington
· Portsmouth Food Bank - Monday, Wednesday and Friday, midday to 2pm, Kings Church, Elm Grove, Southsea
· Portsmouth Food Bank - Tuesday and Thursday, midday to 2pm, Paulsgrove Baptist Church, Woofferton Road, Paulsgrove
· Tesco, Quay Street
· Fareham and Gosport Basics Food Bank – Monday, Wednesday and Friday - 1pm to 3pm, Aspect House, Westbury Road, Fareham.
· Morrisons, Walpole Road
· Asda, Dock Road
· Jacobs Well Family Church, Tuesday - 10am to midday, 2a Layton Road, Bridgemary
· Tesco, Solent Road
· Portsdown Community Church, weekday mornings 10am to 12.30pm, The Beacon, 69-73 Meridian Centre, Havant
· Asda, Portland Road
· Morrisons, Lakesmere Road, Horndean
· Waterlooville Food Bank, Monday – 9.30am to 11.30am, Friday - 12pm to 2pm, Wecock Church, Kite Close
· The News, Lakeside, North Harbour
· Gosport office, 42 High Street, Gosport
· Fareham office, 88 West Street, Fareham
· Havant office, 7 West Street, Havant