Early hours meal leads to Southsea flat fire

James Taylor at his desk in his office at 116 High Street, Old Portsmouth.

Those halcyon days when pen and paper just worked!

0
Have your say

A FIRE broke out during the early hours of yesterday after food was left cooking.

Two firefighters went into the flat in Alhambra Road, Southsea, to put the fire out and clear the smoke. A man in his early40s was treated by South Central Ambulance Service for smoke inhalation.

The fire broke out at 2.15am, and a crew from Southsea fire station spent around 30 minutes putting it out.

A spokesman for the station said: ‘We’d like to warn people about the dangers of leaving food unattended while it’s cooking, and would also urge people to check smoke alarms are working.’