YOUNGSTERS have been sent home after an electrical fault sparked fears of a fire.
Parents of children at Milton Park Junior School have been called to collect them, as the school has been plunged into darkness as a result of the fault.
earlier this morning, a fault in the school’s main incoming electricity distribution board caused smoke to pour from the device.
Fire fighters were called to the scene, and a fire was prevented, but only by shutting off all electricity supply to the school.
As a result, all children have to be taken home.
Portsmouth City Council engineers have been called to the Eastney Road school, and it’s hoped the problem can be identified and fixed by the end of the day.